Wedding Make-up artists in Norwich
- Danielle Locke wedding makeup & hair – who did my wedding makeup and hair
- Clare Alexandra Barberk Clare did the make-up for a friend’s wedding in Norwich and she was trilled with the results.
- kristianne – make-up artist based in Wroxham, Norwich
- Love Moi Makeup
- Lynn Turton in Taverham. I personally know Lynn and she is lovely. Trained by the famous pixiwoo.
- Melissa Abel make-up artist. Has own studio or does home visits.
- Flamingo Amy – make-up artist in Norwich
- Amanda Steed – airbrush make-up
- Melissa Bennett – over 10 yrs with the brand M.A.C
- Laura Dossett – bridal make-up
Choosing someone to do your make-up for your wedding can be a pretty scary task. There are hundreds of websites that come up when you google and there is always that worry that you will end up with the drag queen look at the end of your trial! It’s important to find a make-up artist that you can trust and ensure you get the exact look you want, especially for something as important as your wedding.
I don’t personally offer make-up at the moment, but I am considering training up before my own wedding in Norwich next year. In the meantime I have put together a list of artists who currently offer wedding make-up in Norwich, which can be found at the end of this blog post. Danielle Locke (or her facebook page) is a Norwich based make-up artist who recently did the bridal make-up for Leslie, a client of mine, and she was absolutely thrilled with the results for her wedding.
Danielle also does hair, so she can offer the full package. For this client of mine I did the semi-permanent lashes and Danielle did her wedding make-up. Leslie was knew exactly what look she was after for her wedding, and luckily me and Danielle achieved that for her. Danielle offers a bridal package for wedding make-up and hair at her Norwich beauty salon. She has full details of these bridal packages on her website. Danielle is a very relaxed patient person and her make-up treatments reflect that.
Danielle qualifed at Norwich City College and holds Diplomas in Face and Body Painting, Make Up Artiste, Fashion / Photographic make-up, Cosmetic make-up, and Theatrical and Media Make-Up. So she is well qualified to consult with on pretty much any occasion, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with what she offers.
When booking any make-up artist always check their portfolio of bridal make-up they have done in the past and their cancellation policy. Also have a good read through their recommendations as I have heard too many times of brides being let down at the last minute by their make-up artist cancelling. Also remember cheap isn’t a good thing! For a day as special as your wedding, it’s worth making sure you have the best you can afford, even if it means spending more than you usually would. Many cheap make-up artists would have only had one day training, or sometimes none at all. Always check they have insurance. If someone is cheap then poor infection control comes with that. Danielle disinfects her brushes and equipment thoroughly after use and also uses disposable items that can not be disinfected efficiently like mascara wands. The last thing you want is to catch a nasty eye infection at your trial before your wedding day!
Many of my Norwich brides also book a pamper party to get their nails done and their closest friends and family the day before the wedding. These pamper parties are great for getting everyone together before the big day. Remember it’s never to early to book in wedding treatments.
Recently seen in Glamour magazine
If you would like to add someone to this list of make-up artists based in Norwich or have a recommendation then Please comment below. Alternatives to getting a makeup artist in to do you bridal makeup on your wedding day are:
- Make-up counter at Jarrolds, Benefit at Debenhams or similar places. You often get a free make over when you buy over a certain amount of products.
- Go on a day course for home application. Then do it yourself for your wedding. Use pinterest for ideas.
- Ask someone who is in training, if they want to use your bridal make-up for their portfolio. You might get a really good deal for your wedding this way.
If you’re also looking for a wedding photographer, please check out my husband’s website to see if his style suits your needs. Andy Dane – Norwich Wedding Photographer