Waxing removes the hairs from the follicle and when done regularly can last anything from 6-8 weeks depending on your regrowth rate. Waxing is a great treatment to have done before going on holiday. To get the best results waxing really needs to be repeated a few times before going on holiday or special occasion like a wedding to get all the hair in the same growing cycle.
People often complain that hairs come through quickly after having waxing and this is because there are new hairs under the surface of the skin, this can easily be prevented with regular waxing treatments. I strongly advise people to ex-foliate their skin before having waxing. Avoiding sun beds after having waxing done.
Hot wax – Small area
- Suitable for waxing top lip, eyebrow & full face
- Its much less painful than strip wax
- It works well on waxing small patches of strong coarse hair
- The wax gets a better grip of the hair than warm wax
- It does not leave a sticky residue like warm wax
- It’s good for removing shorter hairs
Intimate waxing & all other types of waxing (except facial hair removal)– Not available.
At my Norwich beauty salon I have decided to only offer facial hair removal with waxing. I recommend Waxed Works in Norwich for men’s waxing, intimate waxing and all other waxing. Waxed Works has been highly recommended to me by one of my clients who can’t say enough good things about them. Outstanding customer care by George the manager and always treated respectfully. They only offer waxing, so have time to put all their effort into making your appointment as relaxing as possible.
Aftercare for waxing
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days following your waxing appointment.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first waxing treatment. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the waxed area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the waxed area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your waxing treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
To prevent ingrown hairs after waxing
Starting a few days after your waxing appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally. You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Hair needs to be at least ½ cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, I recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.
Facial waxinghot wax
- Hot wax. Suitable for waxing top lip, eyebrow and full face.
- Minimum spend of £11
Lizzy is a very professional and I would highly recommend her to everyone. I use one of her services on regular basis and I wouldn’t go for any treatment elsewhere.Radka Myslikova