Both the client and the eyelash technician want this! We all want to know how to apply eyelash extensions faster, so I have done a blog post on a few of my tips for other eyelash technicians. Also on how to get the most from their appointment. Please feel free to comment on this blog post with ideas of your own.
- Ring holder for glue – this way you don’t have to look away from the magnifier during treatment. I also line the ring holder with tin foil, which I just refresh when glue needs replacing.
- Faster setting glue. Eyelash extension glues do have different setting times. I use Lashbase extreme glue, which has 1-2 seconds setting time when doing a classic set. However this is only when you use a minimal amount. Over use of glue means it doesn’t set! It’s really important not to use too much glue. Glue doesn’t ‘dry’ it ‘cures’ with the moisture in the air. If it’s too thick it won’t cure.
- I have made an eyelash extension holder for the back of my hand. Again you don’t want to look away from the magnifier to pick up lashes as this wastes time. Also make sure the eyelash extension strips are taped down well and don’t lift when you are removing the individual lashes.
- Practice practice practice! It’s important to practice your technique without a client present to increase your speed. Especially with volume lashes. Multiple lashes applied to one natural eyelash.
- Good lighting! I use an LED ring magnifier when applying eyelash extensions. You can buy the ‘glamour’ light also. It’s an LED video light.
- Have an eye test!
- Good tweezers that have a good grip. Check the contact point.
- Cutting two slits into the under eye pad makes applying them faster as it gives them more movement.
- Ask the client to give their lashes a really good clean prior to their appointment. In the past I have spent up to 20 mins of a client’s appointment washing off mascara that is a lot of wasted eyelash application time. I also give the lashes a good clean and brush before I start the treatment.
- Be organised. Have everything you need for the appointment ready and tidy up as you go!
- Talk the client through aftercare while you are doing the treatment instead of 5 minutes at the end of their appointment. I personally go through aftercare at their consultation appointment. I also kindly ask my clients to pay by BACS and make appointments via email. This saves a good 10 minutes. I don’t have the luxury of a receptionist. My eyelash extensions are booked back to back 60 minute appointments with 50 minutes of lash time.
- If the client is struggling to keep their eyes closed this can really slow things up, so I gently place 5p coins on their eyelids to keep them closed.
- Eyelash extensions on strips and not in pots loose.
Tips on how to apply eyelash extensions faster