Spa day Norwich, Norfolk
I often get asked where can I have a spa day treatment with my friends? I can offer an afternoon of treatments here with your friends, Including treatments like luxury manicures and luxury facial treatments. Or you could also book a pamper party and I can come to you. I often go to people’s homes for pamper parties, the host provides wine and snacks while the guests sit around in their dressing gowns listening to relaxing music and enjoying the ‘me time’. This can be afternoon tea or evening pampering. I can’t stress how important having a break from the day to day stresses of life is. I personally find it nearly impossible to relax at home though as I see all the little jobs that need doing and instead of relaxing with a book for example I find myself doing the washing up!!
So this is why I personally prefer going to a spa day in Norwich with swimming and a sauna with the possible option of staying overnight, there are several options in the Norfolk area. Most spas do special offers where you get the odd treatment free or packages where you pick two mini treatments. Also note midweek is often cheaper than weekends and Lastminute.com has lots of offers on cheap spa days in the East of England. Always read the small print before booking.
I have put a list of places together below that are local. If you feel I have missed somewhere amazing off the list please do comment below and I will add them to the list.
Weekend breaks are a great idea for a hen do and getting the girls together away from the stress of everyday life. Most brides get a bit bridezilla as the wedding gets close, so it’s important to get away for a day and reflect on what’s important. Often the bride gets fixated on how the bunting must be hanged up in the venue instead of remembering that the day is about marrying the person they love surrounded by their friends. The wedding doesn’t have to be just the one day. It should be made up of lots of different occasions leading up to the big day enjoying time with friends and loved ones.
As lots of spas have restaurants now it makes them ideal for afternoon tea for baby showers. A lot of these places will go the extra mile and make it extra special for the Mum-to-be.
Spa days are also becoming more and more popular with couples. All spas offer treatments for men now too, so it doesn’t have to just be the women getting the relaxation. Most spas have rooms to stay in over night, cafe, restaurants attached to them now.
Some people don’t like the idea of another person giving them a massage for whichever reason may it be over weight, hairy back, don’t like the close contact etc. I have had loads of them! This is why the hydrotherapy beds are ideal. You lay on your own in a dimmed room with relaxing music on a bed with pressured jets inside the bed gently massaging out the stress. Imagine in Blofield have one of these and I am sure there are quite a few throughout Norfolk. Often referred to as ‘dry massage bed’
- Imagine spa in Blofield – spa treaments, Serail Mud Chamber & Thermal Suites. My personal review on Imagine Spa… tucked away secret.
- The Bannatyne Spa. Thorpe St Andrew Norwich – Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and treatments.
- La Fontana Spa at Sprowston Manor – Sprowston – hotel & treatments.
- Spa St Giles House – Norwich – hotel & treatments.
- Aldercarr Hall – B&B swimming pool, sauna hot tub.
- Elveden Forest Spa | Center Parcs – hotel, pool, sauna and spa treatments.
- De Vere Leisure – Dunston Hall, Norwich, Norfolk – hotel, indoor pool, sauna and spa treatments.
- Wensum spa in Norwich – hotel, spa treatments, Leisure Club facilities.
- Parkfarm spa in Norfolk – Hethersett – hotel, pool, sauna.
- Barnham Broom – swimming pool, sauna, steam and gym.
- The pigs – Spa rooms for the night. Mine and Andy’s review on the pigs rooms. We need to go back soon! Amazing place.
- Congham Hall – swimming pool, sauna, spa treatments hot tub, hotel
- The old Hall – Great Yarmouth – spa treatments, hotel, swimming pool, sauna, Hydrotherapy Pool
- Imagine Spa in Hethersett – Park farm