Massage is not only a great way to relax, but also essential for people who suffer with back pains whether it’s due to an accident or stress. Often bad habits can cause pains for example carrying a heavy bag on one shoulder or not sitting correctly at your computer desk. I would always advise seeing a specialist who can give you advice you on how to care for your body.
The massage I offer at my Norwich beauty salon are facial massages as part of a facial treatment. I no longer offer Swedish message or any other type of massages. However I have put a list together of a few Norwich masseuses below:
- CJW sport massages – offers sports massages and more.
- James Witham – Sports Massage Therapist in Norwich.
- Julie-Ann Hunter – Norwich and Brooke locations for full body massage.
- Jackie at the Orange Grove. This clinic offer a wide variety of massages in the city location.
- Optimum Massage by Claire.
- Paula at Tranquil Treatments — Massage Therapist.
- Thai herbal retreat – For thai massages.
- Norfolk clinic in NR3 for Osteopath and specialised treatments.
- I have recently had LOADS of people recommend Cassie at Highball climbing clinic.
- Nikita Hoskin
- Gem Fisher based in North Norfolk Cromer
- Imagine Spa in Blofield – I recently had a hot stone massage here and it was define!
If you would like to recommend someone to be added to this list please feel free to comment on the post. It’s always great to have more recommendations especially if they have helped relieve you from pain.
When pregnant, massages can be adjusted to work around the bump. Many doctors don’t advise massage in your first trimester of pregnancy. For pregnancy massages I always hear the same name being recommended and that is the lovely Jackie Heffer-Cooke from the Orange Grove. Jackie is great for de-stressing you during pregnancy and helping with those aches and pains associated with carrying the extra weight.
If you are in pain or have been in an accident within the last 6 months many beauticians will request a note from your doctor to say it’s OK to massage affected muscles.
If you are suffering from extreme aches and pains or have a specific injury you are trying to treat then I would recommend seeing a sports massage therapist who specialises in this on advice from the doctors.
Osteopaths in Norwich:
I personally see Martin Booth the osteopath at the Norfolk clinic for any pains. He is very professional and normally gets me out of pain within a couple of appointments. He never tries to sell packages of treatments and aims to get you out of pain with as few appointments as necessary. He is retiring this year, however his daughter Verity also works there and I have heard amazing things about her too. Other osteopaths I recommend are Felicity Hancock who is Norwich based and Olly Bell based in Aylsham.